Wake Forest Online MBA Admissions
Online MBA Admissions Requirements
For enrollment in the online Master of Business Administration (MBA), candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferably have at least two years of postgraduate work experience prior to the program start date. (Exception: nontraditional applicants who have work experience prior to enrolling in an undergraduate program. Nontraditional applicants may include anyone that has served or is serving in the U.S. military, regardless of rank, religious servants, etc. Others considered on an individual basis.)
- Be employed full time. Applicants not employed full time must receive approval from the Program Director.
See below for details about the application process.
GMAT/GRE Waivers Available
To mitigate the challenging impacts of COVID-19, we have temporarily suspended the standardized test requirement for applicants meeting GPA and work experience parameters. Contact a Student Success Manager for information.
An online application is required for all applicants. As part of the application, you must:
- Pay a $100 nonrefundable application fee payable by credit card.
- Submit a one-page resume or CV. Use our Resume Template if needed.
- Provide two references (name/contact information only).
- Respond to questions in the Legal Disclosure section of the application. All applicants are encouraged to be forthcoming when disclosing this information. If required, candidates may be asked to provide additional information and complete a background check.
All online Master of Business Administration applicants must take either the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). Applicants can determine which test is better suited for them individually. Scores are valid for five years past the exam date. If your score is expiring, you must submit your application prior to expiration.
Some candidates may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver based on years of work experience, advanced degree, undergraduate GPA, or other criteria. Please contact a Student Success Manager to discuss whether you qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver. For consideration, applicants should request a waiver using the optional essay on the application, indicating reasons they feel they would be eligible.
GMAT test registration information is available at www.mba.com. Use the Wake Forest – Online MBA institution code R5F-NS-89 for GMAT.
GRE test registration information is available at www.ets.org/gre. Use the Wake Forest - Online MBA institution code 4793 for GRE.
Applicants whose native language is not English and/or whose principal language of university instruction was not English must submit scores from either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Exception: applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies at an English-speaking college or university.
The Admissions Committee recommends a minimum TOEFL score of 100 (iBT) or an official IELTS score of 7.0. However, score minimums are guidelines only; all scores will be reviewed in the admissions process and minimums may be waived for applicants who have resided and worked in the U.S. for an extended period of time.
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application review process and may be uploaded as a part of your online application. We require transcripts of all academic work completed (or currently in progress) at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
Official final transcripts will be required following enrollment (or can be sent as part of the application process), which include the name of the degree awarded and the date the degree was conferred. To request your transcript, you can use our Transcript Request Form or the form provided by your specific college.
- Electronic transcripts (e-transcript/certified document) should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper transcripts should be mailed directly from your university in an official, sealed envelope to one of the following addresses:
- Regular Mail: Wake Forest University School of Business, P.O. Box 7897, Suite 115, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- Express Delivery: Wake Forest University School of Business, 1834 Wake Forest Road, Farrell Hall—Suite 115, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- An interview is required and is scheduled by invitation only once the online application is submitted.
- Interviews may be requested prior to taking the GMAT/GRE.
- A Student Success Manager will invite you when it’s time to schedule your interview. It is then your responsibility to schedule the interview within 48 hours of receiving the invitation.
- A Student Success Manager will give you the option of three dates/times from which to schedule your interview.
- Once your selection is confirmed, the Student Success Manager will send you a Google Hangout invitation for the interview. You are not required to have a Gmail account to join the Google Hangout.